COVID-19 continues to impact life in Allegheny County. Below are resources to help keep you, your family, and the community safe.
Information about school reopening is constantly changing. You can find updates and educational-related resources from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Below are links to school district-specific information:
- Baldwin-Whitehall SD: Back to School Information Center
- McKeesport Area SD: Reopening Video Series – Video 1 – Video 2 – Video 3
- South Allegheny SD: Return to School Resources
- South Park SD: Health and Safety Plan
- West Jefferson Hills SD: Return to School Considerations
- West Mifflin Area SD: Reopening Letter | Reopening Plan
Employment & Small Businesses:
- Federal CARES Act: The federal CARES Act provides unemployment benefits to self-employed and gig workers, additional weeks of benefits for unemployment compensation, and increased weekly payments for most claimants. Self-employed individuals are also eligible for benefits. Visit www.uc.pa.gov for the most current information.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans Available: Low interest loans for small businesses and eligible non-profits are available in all 67 counties in Pennsylvania through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Businesses may obtain information and loan applications by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or downloading loan applications at www.sba.gov/disaster. Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the SBA’s secure website.
- Small Business Working Capital Loans: Pennsylvania’s Department of Community and Economic Development has resources to help small businesses including working capital loans. More information and contact information for DCED is available at https://dced.pa.gov/resources.
Nick has put together an interactive dashboard where you can view the latest case counts as provided by state and local officials.